Log Analysis with GoAccess
There have been somewhat frequent updates to Matomo which I had to install due to security. I did not want to have unpatched PHP stuff on my web server. My website has been static and zero maintenance at that time, so I got annoyed. At tomes I updated Matomo more often than I actually looked at the data. Then came the GDPR and I ditched Matomo because I was not entirely sure what sort of privacy statement I would need on my personal website.
Now I can just have a look at the logs myself via a command line tool or export it as HTML. This is an example of the some recent logs after uploading the new Nikola-based website:
I can also look at all the URLs that give a 404 by opening that panel. This
quickly allows me to see that there are a few redirects missing still. I have
therefore added the following (and more) to my
Redirect permanent /studies/ /pages/studies/ Redirect permanent /studies/bsc_physics/index.html /pages/studies/ Redirect permanent /studies/index.html /pages/studies/ Redirect permanent /studies/msc_physics/index.html /pages/studies/